The action button functions have been described here . However, if you want to add (or remove) an action button, you must go to the Main Settings and select the Action Buttons entity there.
When setting up the action button, select the New record in the Action button List and fill out the following:
- Name: Action Button name
To keep things consistent, follow the same naming convention. It is separated into three parts, and separated by an underscore between each part.
- Source projection: The projection in which the data will be copied from an existing record
- Target projection: The projection in which the data will be transferred into a new record
- Action Type:
- CreateFrom: Action to transfer data from one entity into another entity (e.g. CreateFrom_Company_Contact).
- New: Action to automatically populate some fields in the newly created entity (e.g. New__Contact)
- Duplicate: Action to create similar records on the same entity (copying data to the same entity) (e.g. Duplicate_Contact_Contact).
- Custom: choose Yes because it is a user-created action button
- Active: If we want to use the action button and want to show button on the entity, choose Yes
- Result type: Select EntityJson
- : Select QueryBuilder
We can also enter an order number (the ordering of the action buttons on the projection) and the parent projection (only for the projects ending with the name ‘Row’, which means that it is an itemgrid that I want to be transferred to the parent projection with the action button).
Each edit detail page of the action button displays the itemgrid (Projection Action Column Mapping) where you can edit which fields are to be moved with the action button and where to fill the default value of the field on the new record (see Projection Action Column Mapping ).