In the projections, we find a list of all entities where we can simply set the rules for the fields that will be displayed to us, or we can remove them from the system.
From the list of projections found in the Main Menu Settings, we’ll go into editing the entity by clicking the Edit Record button. Then we’ll see the details of that projection, including its name and icon. In the header, you can set the color in the calendar (color of the projection that will be displayed in the calendar), and the Active button, which indicates whether the projection is active and is displayed or not.
In the projection columns, we see individual fields where we can set yes / no, which has the following effect:
- Visible on grid: item is visible on the grid (for example, in the List of contacts)
- Item grid visible: field is visible on the item grid (for example, the Product number column for Product row)
- Visible in form: field is visible on the form (in the edit page, on a particular record). In order for the field to appear and show on the item detail, you must transfer it to the entity in the Page designer (from the left side) by dragging the mouse to the appropriate location in the layout.
- Visible in filter: Adding to the filter is similar to the form. Just by adding or dropping items in the filter of that entity in Page Designer on the item list page. For example, if we want to search for the First Name field, we need to go to the Address Book from where we select the Contact entity and its (= Contact List) – not the specific contact record! Open Page Designer, where we drag and drop the First Name field in the layout, and put it will show in the filter.
- Visible in tooltip: field is visible in the tooltip (the tooltip is accessed by selecting the preview button, the eye icon next to an item in a grid, or next to the field in a record detail page).
- Key: Localization key, this is the keyword by which we can use in the Localizations (for example, renaming)
- Projection reference: If we have a field with a foreign key (e.g. an Entity field or an enumeration, etc.), it is necessary to set the projection reference from which the field is to be referenced.